29 januari 2019
2019 promises to be another exciting year for green gas development. In 2018, Vertogas certified approximately 115 million m3 of green gas, an increase of more than 18% compared to 2017. It was not only the volume of certified green gas that went up; there was also an increase in the number of producers (+39%), traders (+30%) and end users (increased by a factor of 12).
The necessary developments are also to be anticipated in other areas as green gas features in the recently published Climate Agreement. See www.klimaatakkoord.nl for more information.
As announced in the previous newsletter, the new NTA list should be applied from 1 January 2019. From that date, therefore, all records relating to biomass need to be maintained and verified according to this new list.
Vertogas has stated that the expiry date for all "old" sustainability declarations and biomass declarations according to the agreement will be 31-12-2018. This means that all producers must submit these two declarations again according to the new NTA list. We have set out below a few tips and tricks to help with submitting the declarations within the Vertogas platform:
- Give both declarations a maximum period of validity up to 31-12-2019.
- Once a sustainability declaration has been started it cannot be amended subsequently. Pay particular attention when entering the declaration number and CO2 figure if these are applicable.
- However, if your installation has NTA 8080 or ISCC certification expiring in a specific month of 2019, give the month preceding the audit as the expiry date. For example, if the certificate is valid until 18 May 2019, the expiry date will be 30 April 2019. Why? Because an audit can give rise to new information that may be important and should be taken into account when issuing new GVOs (Guarantees of Origin).
- Transitional provisions for sustainability certificates under NTA 8080 or ISCC: Sustainability certificates for NTA 8080 or ISCC issued on the basis of NTA coding deviating from the NTA 2008: 2017 list may still be used under the transitional provisions. This is conditional upon the producer using the NTA 2008 – NTA 2017 conversion table that is to be prepared. NTA 2008 biomass codes can be translated into NTA 2017 biomass codes with the help of this table.
- Example: In 2018, producer X arranged for an audit to be performed at its location and was NTA 8080 certified for biomass types 522 (potato peelings) and 593 (oilseed meal). The certificate is valid from 1 October 2018 to 1 October 2019.
- In its 2018 biomass and sustainability declarations, producer X checked/filled in biomass types 522 and 593.
- Producer X can see from the NTA 2008 – NTA 2017 conversion table that code 593 (NTA 2008) has now become 513 (NTA 2017). In its 2019 biomass and sustainability declarations, producer X must check/fill in biomass types 522 and 513.
When you, as a producer, arrange your next audit, this should be performed in accordance with NTA 2017. You will be informed as soon as the NTA 2008 – NTA 2017 conversion table is available.
As 2018 has now ended, now is the time for our producers to submit their Assurance Reports again.
In accordance with MR GVO "Ministerial Decree on energy from renewable sources", article 17, producers' 2018 Assurance Reports, prepared by external auditors, should be submitted to Vertogas no later than four months after the end of the calendar year.
The Assurance Report should be prepared with due regard for the Biomass Assurance Report research protocol which is included in Annex 3b and the Amendment to Annex 3B for gas from renewable energy sources.
An updated guide including a sample report can be found on the Vertogas website under the heading 'Assurance Report'. Please note that there are some changes to the substantive requirements compared to last year! All changes in the Ministerial Decree can be found here.
Corrections in response to the Assurance Report will be based on the "old" NTA list. We ask all producers to ensure that we have received their 2018 Assurance Reports, prepared in accordance with the guidelines described above, by no later than 30 April 2019.
From 2019, pursuant to the Dutch Fertiliser Act, manure (co)fermenters are obliged to report on the basis of NTA 8003 and on the basis of the Dutch Fertiliser Act's list of co-products (annex Aa) in their 2019 Assurance Reports. A conversion table will soon be made available by RVO (Netherlands Enterprise Agency) and Vertogas.
Please note: the requirements set out above relate to Assurance Reports for 2019, which are to be submitted in April 2020. We are mentioning this in advance to give producers the opportunity to collect the correct data during 2019.
As you are aware, at the beginning of February separate invoices are sent for the following items:
- Producer's annual fee for calendar year 2019
- Trader's annual fee for calendar year 2019
- Certificate issue and transactions for January
If applicable, you will therefore receive up to 3 individual invoices on the same day; please ensure that you deal with all the invoices.
Monthly biomass registration should be completed by no later than the 15th calendar day of the following month so that we can issue the certificates. Once again, we would be grateful if all our producers would complete their monthly biomass registration promptly so that the process can run efficiently and we can issue the certificates on time.
- 11 april 2019 Vooraankondiging wijziging Assurancerapportage: conversietabel NTA 8003:2017 – bijlage Aa
- 27 maart 2019 Nieuwsbrief 27 maart 2019
- 11 maart 2019 Newsletter March 2019
- 11 maart 2019 Nieuwsbrief maart 2019
- 11 maart 2019 Directiewissel Vertogas
- 11 maart 2019 Change in the management of Vertogas
- 31 januari 2019 Netbeheerders organiseren samen themadag groen gas voor potentiële invoeders
- 21 januari 2019 Nieuwsbrief januari 2019
- 13 december 2018 Nieuwsbrief december 2018
- 13 december 2018 Newsletter December 2018
- 5 december 2018 Vertogas tarieven 2019
- 25 oktober 2018 Vertogas geeft 1.000.000e GvO uit
- 31 januari 2018 Vertogas tarieven 2018
- 3 januari 2017 Vertogas tarieven 2017
- 11 december 2015 Overboeken geopend Vertogas-GVO’s aan NEa voor inboeken gasvormige biobrandstof
- 4 februari 2015 Wettelijke basis voor Vertogas-certificeringssysteem
- 28 november 2013 Vertogas tarieven 2014
- 28 november 2012 Vertogas tarieven 2013
- 6 juli 2012 Vijf erkende keuringsinstanties
- 21 juni 2012 Grote belangstelling voor keuringscursus!
- 7 mei 2012 Groengasinstallatie keuren?
- 28 november 2011 Vertogas certificeert deelnemers eerste groengashub
- 7 november 2011 Vertogas neemt NTA 8080 waarborg voor biomassa over op certificaat
- 5 oktober 2011 Vertogas verheugd over bevestiging rol in Groen Gas Green Deal
- 15 september 2011 Wettelijke status voor Vertogas
- 13 december 2010 Biogas gaat de grens over
- 16 november 2010 Vertogas heeft een nieuwe directeur
- 1 november 2010 Tweede deelnemersraad Vertogas
- 5 juli 2010 Vertogas één jaar, Groengas certificeringsinstantie is er klaar voor!
- 9 juli 2009 Presentatie tijdens oprichtingsbijeenkomst Vertogas
- 2 juli 2009 Groen-gasmarkt van start met oprichting Gasunie-certificeringsdochter Vertogas